Idea of Ecological Foot-printing:
1. Rough models are used in the calculation of footprints.
2. Specifics and details taken into account for footprint.
a) Water Use (whole) vs. Ag Consumption/Individual’s Consumption
3. What does the footprint actually mean?
Online Data From Article:
1. Does one Earth really account for all things, both produced and consumed?
a) Why is one Earth the max?
b) Is the one Earth static, or can it change?
2. The consumption of renewable and non-renewable resources.
3. Excel spreadsheet about global footprint from article.
2. Ethics of change and impact on current trends.
a) Why change?
1. Calculating one’s own footprint online.
a) Why is there a difference when different countries are used?
b) Infrastructure and national averages as possible answers.
2. Extreme makeovers of individual’s lives vs. current trends of consumption.
a) Alternative are needed in order to create change.
Changes in Efficiency and Placement of Resource:
1. Litigation/lobbying vs. individual’s actions.
a) How can one person contribute and yet have a global impact?
Field Trip Possibility:
1. San Francisco’s urban wildlife
2. Guinevere’s work